For any enquiries or to give us feedback, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org | telephone: +44 (0)20 8133 5266
If you would like to feature our products or company please contact us email@example.com
Enquiries & press releases
For press enquiries or to sign up to receive our press releases, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org | telephone: +44 (0)20 8133 5266
Hi-res images are available on request. Please get in touch
We are always happy to loan out products for photoshoots. To discuss requirements and availability please contact email@example.com
How Ethical are Cowhide rugs?
All of our hides are sourced from South America, and are produced purely as a by-product of the meat and milk farming industries. The cows are reared free range in Argentina and Brazil, where they have ample space to roam and are fed a natural grass diet. (They are not confined in small dark spaces or fed corn from feedlots as in other parts of the world). If you are happy to eat meat, then utilising animal leather for homewares, shoes, handbags etc, ensures that every part of the animal is utilised to greatest effect.
How are cowhides tanned?
Our hides are tanned using the chromium tanning method (which gives the back of the hide it’s distinctive blue/grey colour). This is the best technique for a soft, supple leather.
Will my cowhide shed hair over time?
No, the tanning method ensures that your cowhide will not shed over time. With a little care and attention (regular, gentle vaccuming/shaking to remove dirt and debris) your hide will last a lifetime.
How can I store my cowhide?
You can store the hide in a cardboard box without moisture, out of the sun. If you are moving, place the hide in a plastic bag to protect it from water and humid weather.
Why aren’t our cowhides British?
Unfortunately, there are very few cowhide tanneries left in the UK - and hardly any dealing in hair-on-hides. Most hides are now shipped overseas for tanning, to growth areas such as China. South America however, remain world-leaders in tanning. They tan using the chromium method, which produces the blue /grey colour to the skin side. Their methods ensure a high quality end product - resistant to shedding and with no unpleasant odours (only the beautiful smell of real leather).
Does the cowhide’s hair shed or do they fall off?
NO. The hide will not shed and the hair will last you a lifetime.
Using the hide means that every part of the animal is utilised – maximising the resource. If you are comfortable eating steak, wearing leather shoes, or sitting on a leather sofa then there is no reason you should not enjoy a beautiful hair-on hide rug, cushion or table. Man has utilised animal skins for warmth and comfort since time began, and we hope that our beautiful cowhide products will bring warmth and comfort to your home for years to come.
The vast majority of our products are handmade from natural materials: cowhides, sheepskins, hemp and wool. Some of our textiles are vintage, all are handwoven by skilled artisans. This means that each item is unique and subject to natural variances and in the case of vintage items, wear. We do our best to ensure that our photography and descriptions are as accurate as possible, but please contact us if you would like more information before purchasing.
We reserve the right to change our prices and specifications. We always aim to keep our website up to date, but due to the nature of our products (one-offs and small runs of handmade items) products can occasionally sell out and become unavailable. If this is the case we will always contact you to advise you of the lead time for re-stocking, (or offer an alternative or a refund). We hope you understand that this is the nature of dealing with small suppliers rather than mass-producers – but it leads to a unique product.
Where possible, for delivery addresses within mainland UK, our website will advise the delivery charge applicable to your order. However, for remote parts of the UK, and given the bespoke nature of many of our products, it may be necessary for us to contact you to advise the cost of delivery. In many cases, particularly larger items, delivery is arranged through our couriers. We will liaise with you to advise of delivery costs and to arrange a mutually convenient time for delivery. We provide dimensions on our website for larger items of furniture. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in a position to accept courier delivery at the mutually agreed time. Failure to do so may mean additional delivery and storage costs being incurred, for which you would be liable for settlement prior to follow up delivery. You are also responsible for ensuring that your premises can accept the items ordered and that such items will fit through doorways and into their intended space. Items are delivered to the main entry point of your premises and, whilst we do our best to assist, it is your responsibility to move items to the room of your choice.
￼*Includes postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17- 26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE.
**Includes postcodes BT, IM, TR21-25.
We currently offer delivery as standard only within the UK. If you live outside the UK and wish to place an order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote. Some items may be excluded from international shipping.
Furniture and larger items: are dispatched using our courier partners and charged depending on size and distance. You are responsible for ensuring that your premises can accept the items ordered and that furniture items will fit through doorways and into their intended space. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in a position to accept courier delivery at the mutually agreed time. Failure to do so may mean additional delivery and storage costs being incurred, for which you would be liable for settlement prior to follow up delivery. Items are delivered to the main entry point of your premises and, whilst we do our best to assist, it is your responsibility to move items to the room of your choice.
Please note: Hide & Seek London does not accept liability for any delivery instructions issued to the delivery company by the customer. If you leave instructions requesting a parcel to be left in a different location (e.g. shed, neighbour, etc) we cannot accept responsibility if you fail to receive your parcel.
We currently offer delivery as standard only within the UK. If you live outside the UK and wish to place an order, please contact us at email@example.com for a shipping quote. Some items may be excluded from international shipping.
We want you to have absolute confidence in buying from Hide & Seek London. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please return it to us for a full refund. To qualify for a refund:
If your item is too big or heavy to return to the post office, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org noting which item you wish to return and stating your availability for a collection. Collection slots are Monday to Friday. Our collection fee will be deducted from your refund.
Upon satisfactory receipt of returns we will make a refund of the purchase price paid for the item (please note we do not refund either the cost of delivery charged by us or the cost for you to return the item).
Faulty or damaged items
Tel: 07718 580802
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
3.1 This version was last updated on 24/05/2018. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM YOU
4.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
• When you make an online purchase
• When you purchase a product
• When you order a brochure or swatch pack from us
• When you sign up for our email newsletter
• When you sign up for our blog
• When you engage with us on social media
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints, etc
• When you enter prize draws or competitions
• When you complete any surveys we send you
• When you comment on or review our products and services
• When you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, patterns and the website that referred you to hideandseek.london. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Technical Data is collected from the following parties: analytics and search information providers (such as Google).
5. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
5.1 Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data including first name, last name, title.
• Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers. We will also collect your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels.
• Financial Data including bank account and payment card details
• Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us
• To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
• Profile Data including purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our blog, and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
6. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.1 We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us
• Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
• Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
If you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you asked for.
Examples of how we use information held about you include:
• To process any orders that you make on our website or via phone. If we don't collect your personal data during checkout, we won't be able to process and deliver your order and comply with legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
• If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
• To send you relevant communications by email or post in relation to updates, products and services. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by email or post at any time.
• To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter
• To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
7. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
7.1 We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes outlined in 6. How and why we use your personal data.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems
• Operational companies such as delivery couriers
• Manufacturers of made to order products such as accessories
• Google, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to show you products that might interest you while you're browsing the internet.
• We are only allowed to use your information in the way in which is permitted by the Data Protection Act or the GDPR. To opt out of having your data used in this way, please email email@example.com with the subject: Privacy.
• We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration. We do not share your data with third parties for the purposes of receiving brochures in the post or emails.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
8.1 We will only transfer your data outside of the EEA in compliance with data protection laws and provided appropriate or suitable safeguards are in place to protect your data, these being either standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules or in the case of transfers to the USA, a Privacy Shield Certification. Please contact us if you would like details of the appropriate safeguards used if we transfer your data in such circumstances
9. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
9.1 The security of your personal data is very important to us and we are committed to treating it with the utmost care, taking all appropriate steps to protect it.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using 'https' technology.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
10. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY DATA FOR?
10.1 We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, if your order included a product guarantee, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the guarantee period.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each marketing email.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
11.1 Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or to ask for your information to be amended please contact:
Helen Stiles, Hide & Seek London – firstname.lastname@example.org
To opt out of email marketing please click on the unsubscribe link featured at the bottom of each marketing email we send.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
For all trade enquiries please contact us at